House Fires Cases

Deaths caused by inoperative smoke detectors results in seven-figure settlement.

Kolsby Gordon represented the surviving family members of three individuals who were killed in a house fire. At the time of the fire, the rental property did not have an operating smoke detector. The landlord, who was responsible for the property, failed to ensure that the house was equipped with these vital safety monitors and, without the warning signs typically provided by smoke detectors, a grandfather and two small children died. Kolsby Gordon sought out maximum compensation for the surviving family members, including the children’s mother, as well as their brother and sister.